Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TV News...


How Did The Fall TV Shows Fare?

David Tennant says his time as the tenth Doctor is over, "When Doctor Who returns in 2010 it won't be with me." He’ll film a Christmas special and then four more specials in January before ending his tenure. The show’s fifth series is scheduled to premiere in 2010. More here.

“CW and CBS Paramount Network TV are exploring the possibility of reviving ‘Melrose Place.’”

Joss Whedon said in a blog post that Dollhouse’s original pilot has been scrapped.
“Basically, the Network and I had different ideas about what the tone of the show would be. They bought something somewhat different than what I was selling them, which is not that uncommon in this business.” … “Nothing essential has changed about the universe. The ideas and relationships that intrigued me from the start are all there (though some have shifted, more on that), and the progression of the first thirteen eps has me massively excited. The episode we’re shooting now I wrote as fast as anything I have before, not because I had to (although, funny side-note: I had to) but because I couldn’t stop the words from coming. Because I can feel the show talking to me; delighting, scaring and occasionally even offending me.”

Heroes co-exec producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired November 2nd. The two, who’ve been with the show since season one and who led day-to-day production under Tim Kring, were let go because of NBC’s frustration over the creative direction of the show, budget overruns, and sinking ratings. “Kring has reportedly assured NBC and Universal Media Studios, which produces the series, that he intends to focus on simplifying what's been criticized, even by ardent fans, as an overly complex storytelling structure to get back to the show's comic-bookish good-vs.-evil themes and to emphasize character development more than plot twists.”

Brooke Smith has been taken off Grey’s Anatomy. Smith says it’s because of the direction of her character as a lesbian, while executive producer Sondra Rhimes says, "Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian. Clearly it's not an issue as we have a lesbian character on the show – Calliope Torres. Sara Ramirez is an incredible comedic and dramatic actress and we wanted to be able to play up her magic. Unfortunately, we did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke's character would sustain in the long run.”

No comments: