Thursday, December 21, 2006

Deck the halls with sharpened scalpels, bwa ha ha ha haaa... Ha HA ha HA.

Ya think that washes off, Drew?

Per your question, I was the person with her nose three inches from a plasticized preserved left pectoral at the Body Exhibit in Seattle. And other things besides pectorals. I feel the best way to visually process something in which I am truly interested is from a maximum of five inches away. At my last med school interview I was the only female candidate with her interview suit sleeves rolled up so I could poke at the cadaver they showed us. I am not at all uncomfortable expressing enthusiastic interest in dead folks.

....In a purely science-oriented way, of course. The corpses and I are just friends.

Watched most of MST3K: Jungle Goddess last night while lifting weights. There's not much point in reviewing an MST3K movie, but I do love them dearly.
Character on screen: "What's the matter, white goddess getting tired?"
Servo's retort: "What's the matter, white racist getting SMART?"

The Phantom Creeps shorts deserve their place in MST3K history, if only for supplying the often-used line in Bela Lugosi's accent, "This will simplify EVERYTHING!"

And on the mocap front, I got my first anim to play in Blender. It's pretty lousy. Friend Enigmatic and I are working to improve our grasp of keyframes.

No comments: