Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Into the abyss...

And with this, I officially become one of THOSE people. You know. Bloggers. Despite my wife's addiction to about 8 dozen of them, I've managed to resist their shiny lure until now. Damn you, Justin! You know how many trips to the gym it'll take to wash all the nerd off me?

So anyway, tonight I called that friend of mine I mentioned in the Christmas Vacation review, just to wish him happy holidays before he flies home for Christmas, then on to Brazil. He was in the middle of packing, so I reminded him to bring plenty of banana hammocks for the Brazilian beaches. He laughed, but then told me he was considering it. My immediate reaction was, of course, "WTF?"... but then I thought about it after hanging up the phone and realized that reaction didn't make much sense. We're both ex-swimmers who voluntarily wore speedos every day for years; looking at it objectively, I can honestly say I could walk onto a beach wearing one and not feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.

Believe it or not, there IS a point to this, beyond making you picture that nasty mental image. (Remember: PoolMan wears a kilt. Almost as bad.) The question I pose is, what activites would you feel perfectly comfortable doing in public that most people would find absolutely mortifying and/or borderline inappropriate?

3 comments:

Justin said...

Pooly, you know what must be done.

Drew's head.

Banana hammock body.

Go!

PoolMan said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Although to answer Drew's question, just about EVERYTHING I do in public I'm comfortable with mortifies people. Especially my wife. Which is rewarding.

Justin said...

I sing a lot in public. Weird songs. And once I get started, you can't really stop me. Yesterday it was "Killing Me Softly With His Song".