Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hairy Feetsies

The saga about the proposed Hobbit movie took a turn for the worse, as New Line's studio head Robert Shaye refuses to work with Jackson "Never ever ever! I'm telling Mom!" and soforth. The bright side is that Jackson hasn't ruled The Hobbit out, and neither has Hobbit right's holder MGM.

I think a lot of people are going nuts over what is, really, a prologue. To suggest that The Hobbit -- a kid's-level novel -- should be split into 2 or 3 more movies is absurd. Would it be great to see? Sure. Many of us loved LOTR and would like to revisit that world, even in a smaller capacity. But it certainly isn't worth all this hubabaloo.

In other news:

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

As mush as I love Peter Jackson, and believe me that it borders dangerously on worship, it's just hard to tell who is being the biggest baby in all this mess ... I agree with you that this fairly simple but enchanting story doesn't need to be more than one movie, and I hope Mr. Jackson still somehow ends up at the reigns