Thursday, March 20, 2008

Web show stuff

Joss Whedon told Whedonesque Web about a webseries superhero musical he’s producing called Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog: "It's the story of a low-rent supervillain, the hero who keeps beating him up and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to. And I'm having the time of my life."…"During the strike I started writing a musical intended as a limited internet series, three episodes of approximately 10 minutes each. Writing with me was my brother Jed; his fiancee, Maurissa; and my other brother, Zack. To my shock and surprise, we finished it." Cast includes Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, and Felicia Day as Penny.

Farscape’s executive producer Brian Henson, and creator Rockne O’Bannon are talking about a 10 “webisode” revival series. Ben Browder would be reprising his role as John Crichton in the proposed webseries, "At the moment, that's Rockne and Brian's job, and I'm aware that they're figuring out what they're going to do with it, but I don't know how far along in the process they are." But Browder also says he’s not sure how involved he’d be, "They haven't come to me with any specifics yet, and I don't read anything into that, but at Comic-Con, Brian discussed it and said, 'Yeah, we're still figuring it out.' The writers' strike happened immediately after that, ... and a lot of things went on hold, and it will take a little while before a number of things get going again."

Presented by Degree Men, 24’s online spinoff The Rookie: Day 3 Extraction will have six chapters, each three to four minutes long. Rodney Charters, who has worked on the show, directs each episode in the same style, and set in the same world, as 24. “Blaine races against the clock to try rescue his boss, who is kidnapped by a nefarious drug cartel.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog Our web time clock system is perfect for small business. Very easy to use, has powerfull features, and fits your budget.